Saturday, July 21, 2012

Snuggle Monster [Sewing & Embroidering a Hooded Baby Bath Towel]

Pin It
I had an order recently for an embroidered hooded baby towel for a new little bundle of happiness.  After looking at my options for embroidery blanks, I decided against the traditional hooded towel and set out to make my own.  In my search, however, I came across this tutorial and decided it was perfect.  (Thank you Janet, from Today's Fabulous Finds!)

Here's the towel I made and embroidered:

(Baby dolls are so helpful, who knew?!)

[The Project]
Hooded Baby Towel w/ Embroidery

Machine Used:
My trusty Singer Futura CE-150

Materials:
100% Cotton Terry Bath Towel
100% Cotton Terry Hand towel
Isacord Polyester Embroidery thread (for sewing the towel and the embroidery)
Madera Cotton Soft Cutaway Stabilzer
Floriani Heat n' Gone topper
Monster Scribble Embroidery from Urban Threads, I added the wording



I am thrilled with how this towel turned out, and I love that it will be practical for years to come! I tried it on my littlest chickie (who is 3 1/2yrs old) and it fit her, too.  This towel was added to a set of matching Snuggle Monster Onesie and Bib... CUTE!

XxOo~ Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Very cute towels. What a great idea to use Mel's images with a embroidery machine. Sure wish I still had mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The basic techniques or stitches on surviving examples of the earliest embroidery—chain stitch, buttonhole or blanket stitch, running stitch, satin stitch, cross stitch—remain the fundamental techniques of hand embroidery today.

    Silk Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG such a cute towel. This is awesome.
    Serena from Digitizing Embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting the right baby products can be difficult, as so many brands have baby care products, but very few are toxin free like the moms co.,their products are great quality and have such great ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...