Friday, January 25, 2013

Let's Talk About Shipping {USPS Rate Increases, Shop Delays, etc}

Pin It
It's become an annual occurrence, the USPS with their rate hikes and all... why not keep everyone on their toes and jack up prices?!

I guess I get it, to an extent, but I'm going to tell you right now that I am not at all happy with the major rip-off the new rates are for international shipments!  Seriously, up to 100% increases!? Gah!  I'm not going to rant about how the US outsources labor and such to save money, but heaven forbid someone from outside the US try to make a purchase from a US based business...  hypocrisy at it's finest.  Moving on...

I try my best to stay fair on shipping charges, being sure to cover only my actual cost and to use flat rate priority shipping as often as I can.  Here is a look at the new rate chart as shown in this Etsy Blog post, which also breaks down other changes from the USPS.

via Etsy Blog
 For most of December and January I have been shipping to Australia at least once a week... (lots of love to my friends Down Under, and thank you for your business! XxOo!) But, WOW... $24 freaking bucks to ship a Flat Rate Envelope?! I am promising that I am going to do everything I can to find some way to alleviate this madness, I mean, there has to be a way to make this a bit more affordable... right?!

In the meantime, I will be updating shipping profiles in the Fabric Shoppe.  These changes take effect on January 27th, 2013.

Also, I will have a Delayed shipping notice up in my shop for next week.  All fabric orders received Monday Jan 28th through Saturday Feb 2nd, will ship on Monday February 4th.  We are going hunting... for a house; I appreciate your understanding as I do everything I can to keep things running as smoothly as possible through all of the craziness!

Thanks for being awesome!
XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...