Sunday, September 16, 2012

Catching Up With Sewing {Craftsy BOM Progress: May}

Pin It
Here's some more Craftsy BOM progress!  Today I'm sharing my blocks from the May Lesson.

{Craftsy BOM: Wonky Log Cabin}

While I liked learning how to make these blocks, in the end I'm not exactly sure how I feel about them.  You can see that I used my blue scraps for one and green for the other, my whole Craftsy BOM quilt is blue and green, on gray.  My background fabric is Kona Ash.



 I like that the center of this block can be a fussy cut piece.  I also decided to use two different fabrics for the outer framed edge, I like the contrast of the light and dark corners.


This is the wonky five-side log cabin, I had issues with this block... you can see my Kona Ash background fabric as the center square, but it's obvious that I didn't have the whole "wonky" factor down until after the third row of scraps... then it all got a little crazy; my log cabin surely has more than five sides!  If you need a scrap-busting quilt, this is the block to make... I cleared out most of my green scraps on this one.  Although it was a challenge, I'm still happy with how this block turned out.  I'll have to make a mental note to not place it near my March Broken Spider Web block, as they may cancel each other out once the quilt is put together.

I'm getting caught up, more progress posts to come! 

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...