Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up {Halloween Fun & Random Acts of Kindness}

Pin It
I hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween!  

Yesterday was a busy day, as was this past weekend, which explains for my lack of anything blog related!

I'll wrap-up my weekend with pictures and share something fun to boot!

For starters, we celebrated Halloween at the New Bern Farmer's Market on Saturday by dressing up and handing out candy....

to get in to the spirit, I made up these cute little ghost squishies for the kids:

 Here I am dressed as a Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) painted face girl.  This Mexican Holiday is actually celebrated Nov 2nd and 3rd.

 Here is a close up of my make-up, which was fun to do:

On Sunday, the hubs and I put in our new wood laminate flooring... We. Love. It! 
Note: My knees are killing me and I've been taking motrin since... yikes!


 Finally, Here are my little chicks all ready for trick-or-treating:
Rapunzel and Day of the Dead girl. :-)
I made Rapunzel's hair, via Pinterest inspiration, 
using yellow yarn and ribbon.. no sew, no glue.  *Woot!*

For the Dia De Los Muertos headpiece, 
I used a thin headband, black netting, some BHG flowers and a hot glue gun. *Wink*

* * * 
This week I am also linking with Alyson over at Eisley Rae for Random Acts of *Holiday* Kindness.
Basically, it's sharing what we have done, or plan to do in my case today, to pay it forward and bring happiness to someone else with a Random Act of Kindness.

I had intended to do this yesterday, but WILL do it this week.
I'm going to make a sour cream coffee cake for "Granny".  She is my friend's Mom, but also helped out by sitting for Trista for almost 5 years that I worked at the Animal Hospital.
Always there if we needed her, even keeping T when she was sent home sick from school if I needed to be at work... really such a lifesaver and sweet lady... and awesome cook!
I haven't been by to visit with the little chicks in a while; we went over yesterday for trick-or-treating and I decided I would make a plan to visit with her more often...  
so, for starters I'll bring a cake. Yum.
You should link up, too!  It always makes us feel good to make someone else happy!

P.S.~ Are you ready for the start of the Holiday Season?!
XxOo~ Melissa

2 comments:

  1. You all look great dressed up! I LOVE your girls costumes. So cute.
    That cake sounds delish. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ready for the holiday season! Bring it on :)

    You and your daughters outfits look so good! Your makeup looks awesome! Did people know what/who you were? Not alot of people around here know about Dia de Los Muertos :)
    I can't get over how cute your daughters look!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...