Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up [Camping & My Craftsy Pattern Shop]

Pin It
 What a fun weekend of camping with my daughter, her Girl Scout Troop and 2000 other Scouts from North Carolina.  We were celebrating 100 years of Girl Scouting... Wow!  I was a Girl Scout in 1st & 2nd Grades in Germany, my Dad is US Army Retired; it was awesome to be able to share this once-in-a-lifetime event with my chickie.


Of course we were super tired when we got home yesterday afternoon... basically we just laid around the rest of the day to recoup.


How exciting, though, to come home to some brand-spankin'-new SoChick business cards?! 

I ordered these from Moo.com and couldn't be happier with them!  It's great seeing "Fabric" and "Sewing Patterns" listed as an offering from SoChick!  Truly a dream coming true! (Is that over-use of the word 'true' or what?! But, it's the truth! *wink*)

Pretty fabric is on it's way to me and I can't wait to get it all checked in, photographed, and listed so that it can then make it to you! (Soon, so soon!)

In the meantime, my Craftsy.com Pattern Shop is OPEN!  Currently I have the SoChick! Market Tote Sewing Pattern listed for sale.  I felt this was a perfect pattern to start with because it's fairly easy to sew, teaches skills that can be carried over into other handbag & accessory construction, and can easily fit your personality when using your own fabric combos.   Bag Making Kits will also be available in my SoChick Shop as fabric is listed.



What I love about the SoChick! Market Tote as a bag... well, it's super versatile, the gathers in the bottom sides add a feminine-chic touch, it has two inside pockets to help organize (you can fit a TON in this bag), the sides fold in for a different look and it has a magnetic tab closure.  What's more, it's interlined with canvas which really ups the durability factor.  I love it!

I've also started a Flickr group, SoChick! Sewing.  Now, when you make something using one of my patterns, you can share it with myself and others!  I can't wait to see your spin on my sewing patterns!

P.S.- If you've purchased an item from SoChick!, you can share customer appreciation photos in the SoChick ~Customer Love~ Flickr group, too!

Have a wonderful Monday!!
XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...