Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Operation: Organize our Kids' Room [Stage 1]

Pin It
[Stage 1: Complete]


When SoChick! began to grow, I took over the third bedroom in our townhouse as my Studio (see it here).  This meant that our daughter's became roommates and this worked well... 'till the older one got older and the little one got bigger... now, between an 8 year old, a 3-going-on-16 year old, and all of the extra 'stuff', things have gotten a little tight, and out of control!


Introducing:


[Operation: Organize our Kids' Room]


The Plan:
  Cut clutter: organize, sort, trash, donate, store.


  Paint: light grey, keeping pink accents


  Create a better use of space with a loft bed system, while keeping our oldest's trundle bed, cuz girls like to have sleepovers!


  Closet makeover: get better use from the extra long closet, and gain more usable space by removing the ridiculously huge door.


The Inspiration:


Via Pinterest, duh!

Source: houzz.com via Melissa on Pinterest





Source: hgtv.ca via Melissa on Pinterest


[Stage 1]  Was basically the hubs and I tackling the tremendous amount of stuff in the closet, and organizing the bookcase, all went well.  Things were sorted, trashed and I have a pile to donate.

I want to paint the room light grey, using what we have left from our living room.  I'd like for things to be a little more uniform, matching bedding, everything in its place, etc... I believe this will make it easier for two little girls to keep things tidy on their own (of course Mommy always helps when needed).  I also want to divide the closet to allow for each of my girls to have a space that is her own.

Whew! I'll keep you posted on our progress and share pictures when it's done!

XxOo~ Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with, Melissa! Organizing kid stuff is QUITE the chore! : \

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...