Monday, January 2, 2012

Sewing for Me [After Christmas Sew Along]

Pin It
One of my goals for 2012 is to get in more "me" sewing time.  This doesn't necessarily mean that I have to sew something for myself, but to sew something that allows me to use skills beyond bag design and construction.


I really enjoy quilting, though I've only ever made one quilt thus far.  A while ago (I'm embarrassed to admit how long ago, so I wont... we'll just go with "a [looong] while ago") I purchased the fabric needed to make a charm pack quilt for my older daughter.  I cut the pieces as needed and then put it all back into the box to finish another time.  Needless to say, I haven't earned Mommy points with as long as I've let it sit in that box.


[Enter: Sew Much 2 Luv and her 2012 After Christmas Sew Along]


Every Monday, starting {TODAY} January 2nd and continuing for 4 weeks, Karen will post a link to a flicker album where you can share photos of what you are working on.  There will be a new album each week.  On the Friday of that week, Karen will draw a random winner for the prize package for that week.... there's lots of great loot!!







I figure that this will be a great way to get through a project that I don't want to put off any longer, while also helping me reach one of my first goals of the year.  I plan to share my progress in the flicker photos and with you here on the blog.


I am pretty excited to finish this quilt in 4 weeks! Woot!


If you decide to join the Sew Along, let me know so I can be sure to check your progress, too!


** Here is my first entry!**


XxOo~ Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see how your quilt turns out Melissa! One of my goals this year is to find more "me" crafting time too, and also to make a quilt. I've never quilted before and I just think they are so beautiful, so I'm super excited to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...