Friday, August 12, 2011

Fabulous Fabric Friday #9 [Toile Me About It]

Pin It
Today's Fabulous Fabric:
Toile

This is what Wikipedia has to say about it:

A quick breakdown: The 'Toile' I'm talking about is Toile de Jouy, which is the repeat of a complex pattern, typically scenery/landscapes, printed on a white or off-white background.  Traditionally printed in black, navy or dark red, on canvas.

Source: google.com via Laura on Pinterest


I love the traditional feel of Toile, but more than that I looove the modern spin on it:

With Color:



And fun prints such as this Derby Toile that I found on Spoonflower.com:




 How Super Fabulous is that!? You can purchase it from the artist on Spoonflower!

Here's my use of Toile, in the first diaper bag I made for my youngest daughter.  We stayed gender neutral when I was pregnant with Natalie (she's not terribly cooperative... we'll leave it at that), so I went with Black & White... but I love the way it worked out, and I have received tons of compliments on this diaper bag... still do, even though I now use this bag for the beach. *wink*

Gotta love the Toile wrap-around pockets paired with pin stripes! 


Official Call to Fabric Lovers!!

Did you see my Call to Fabric Lovers? No? 
Check it out HERE
I'm dyin' to hear your thoughts on fabric, what you sew/craft with, what you want to sew/craft with.
Be sure to e-mail me with your Fabulous Fabric finds, I just may feature them here!
FabFabric[at]sochickhandbags[dot]com

 Have a Fabulous Friday!!

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...