Monday, August 15, 2011

My Weekend Wrap-Up [Beaufort Pirate Invasion]

Pin It
This weekend we visited Beaufort, NC (which is only about 20 miles from us) to attend their annual Pirate Invasion!

Beaufort is part of North Carolina's Crystal Coast; Pirates run deep in Beaufort's history with Blackbeard himself having claimed it as a coastal haunt.

Beaufort's Pirate Invasion is a two-day reenactment of when Pirates, well, invaded Beaufort's Taylor Creek in 1747... that's a long time ago.

My little chick's were ready in their Pirate Hats...


We arrived as the villagers, and pirates, were getting ready to march to the waterfront:



We ran into Captain Jack Sparrow... wait, is that historically accurate? *wink*...
 he was kind enough to pose for a picture with us Chicks.
I was thrilled... Natalie, not so much.


Then the Pirates Invaded! Cannons were blasting and smoke was billowing: 


The Pirate camp was set up within the village.
Here's Blackbeard's digs... he must have been out when we stopped by, sorry we missed him:


This poor guy just looks sorry:


It was super hot out, I thought we might melt, but we had a great time!  Next year we're planning to dress up for the event, lots of folks were.  In fact, I'll admit I felt a little left out that I left my wench outfit at home.... *sigh*

Also on my to-do list is to take a tour of Beaufort on their darling red Double Decker bus!


Be sure to stop by tomorrow, I've got something sweet planned... literally!

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...