Friday, July 22, 2011

Fabulous Fabric Friday #6 [Olive Rose by Valori Wells]

Pin It
I am down in Georgia for the next two weeks staying with my Mother-In-Law, who is partly responsible for the push I needed to get into sewing in the first place.  My girls have been down for a week already!

My MIL and I always talk about our fabric finds and share sewing stories; it's great to have someone to share that stuff with who actually appreciates it! (A big reason why I enjoy doing these Fab. Fab. Friday posts!)  A while back she and I talked about her trip to a fabric store that was having a huge sale and the fabric she picked up while there.

Now that I'm down here and able to see the fabric in person... I'm in love!  This is an older line by Valori Wells, released in March 2008 for Free Spirit Fabrics, called Olive Rose.  It was originally inspired by the designer's daughter Olivia Rose, and features the designer's take on the timeless rose pattern.  'The prints mix geometric and organic forms to bring you a truly romantic, bold, contemporary approach to a classic flower', said The Jolly Jabber about the line back in May of 2008.

The colorway my MIL picked up, and that I've fallen for, is Topaz...
I'm crazy about these blues!


Little Roses

Floral Diamond

Roses
Love, LOVE, the pairing with Grey... Very Chic.

Wild Roses
 Although it's been around for a bit, it's always great to share Fabulous Fabric Finds... I can totally see some pretty totes using these fabrics... now to search for some for my own stash!

Do You know of some Fabulous Fabrics?  Want me to feature them for Fab. Fab. Friday?  Check out my CALL TO FABRIC LOVERS and e-mail me your Finds: FabFabric[at]SoChickHandbags[dot]com




Hoping to share a fun Weekend Project with you tomorrow... be sure to stop by!  Have a Fabulous Friday!!



XxOo~ Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to love the turquise pared with the gray!!! I'm certainly learning alot about fabric on FAB FABRIC FRIDAY!!!!!YAY

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...