Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pin It
This past weekend was a fun-and-family-filled weekend for us.  (Which is why I didn't post.)  My step-sister and her family were down at my Dad's place (about 20 minutes from us), along with my little Step-Bro who just finished his first year of college up in NY.  The older of my two little Step-Bros is working up the the Adirondacks and was unable to make it down this summer, boo, but he's having a blast, I'm sure.  My brother-in-law was able to come spend some time with us, too, while he's in NC for his USMC training!  Trista, my 8yr old, had a blast with her cousins... this week will be busy with the kids, too.

I did get some sewing done, amazingly, between beach time, cookouts, and visiting with the family.

Here is my 4th of July Weekend recap:

  If you were celebrating, I hope you had a wonderful time, whether with friends or family; Thank You to our men and women overseas and at home, past and present, who work hard every day defending our freedom so that we can enjoy weekends like this past weekend.
Fresh clams on the grill, yum.







My step-mother has a knack for making simple look excellent without even trying.
She's got quite the collection of vintage, before it was the style. Hence this little mason jar caddy.



Boiled Shrimp, another coastal cookout must-have

Yummy summer pasta salad, mayo-free

Fresh Bruschetta... and a Hurricane? Yes. (That's the red drink you see.)

Fresh Bruschetta on grilled bread, that is.

Patriotic Bunting on my Dad's Beach-Cottage porch.

Miss Liberty, Trista. :-)
 Morehead City has a great fireworks display and we are lucky that my Dad's home is close enough to the waterfront that we can enjoy the show from the comfort of the front porch... so while we wait for the big show to start... we have fun with sparklers.


This is our VIP seating for the show. *grin*


Like I said, fun-filled weekend.  Some things I didn't take pictures of:
My Neice's 12th Birthday party at the baseball game.
Trista coming in one push-up short in the push-up contest at the bottom of the 3rd inning (against a boy who was a year older than her... she did 23 push-ups in 30 seconds!!)
The beach... I'm not brave enough to bring my nice camera around the sand and salt water, yet.
All of the hamburgers and hot dogs we ate... which was a lot... though we did mix it up with salmon on the grill, and BBQ chicken... yum.

A big "Hello!", *wave*, and Welcome to the new readers who have followed over the three day weekend... I'm happy to have you!

What did you do over the weekend?  Share with me by leaving a comment below!

XxOo~ Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Your weekend looks like so much fun. LOVE your MIL's mason jar caddy, I need that! Happy to see that you had a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...