Friday, July 1, 2011

Fabulous Fabric Friday #4 [Children at Play]

Pin It
This is my fourth Fabulous Fabric Friday, and if you've read the first few (here, here, and here) you may notice that I've not gone in any one direction as far as what fabric I choose to feature, I like this direction of no direction... it keeps me on my toes.  I feel that it doesn't allow me to close my mind to any particular fabric design or designer.  You will notice from the custom items I've done and even some that are in my shop, that my taste is varied as far as color and print.  I appreciate fun tattoo print fabric as much as vintage-mod florals... call me crazy. My taste in music is just as varied... think metal to country with pop and classics in between... I know, RIGHT?!


With that being said, lets get on to today's fabric!

I first heard of this artist when she was featured in Gussy Sews' Quit Your Day Job post about two weeks ago.  When I read that she was a new designer for Michael Miller Fabrics (whose fabrics I LOVE!) I had to check her out some more... this week's Fabulous Fabric is Children at Play by Sarah Jane Studios




I love the colors, the light pinks, robins egg blue; all of the girly-ness of the Meadow and Playhouse colorways... of course being the mother of two little ladies, this catches my eye first.



I need to make these pillows!!




I do, however, adore the Over the Fence and After School prints as well... I like 'boy' prints that aren't all trucks and sports all the time.







Yep, those rockets are way cute!

You can't help but smile when you look at her illustrations of children parading around, blasting off rockets, flying paper airplanes, swinging, dressing baby dolls... you know... Children at Play!  So fun.  Check out her blog here to find out more.


Have a Fabulous Friday!

XxOo~ Melissa

3 comments:

  1. MY music varies a lot too!! if on shuffle you'll hear anything from southern gospel, to eminem, followed by nora jones, linkin park, to britney {no last name needed ;)}. I'm loving the pink and red! the dresses are adorable! & that pitcher with the flowers in it!? swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My music choices are the same! A crazy mix of everything.
    LOVE those prints and the colors... sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Im just loving those fabrics! Im inspired to work on my girls room now :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...